Realtime Observations - Picard 2x10 - Farewell
I’m having a hard time putting together thoughts on this that aren’t dripping with contempt, so I’ll just say the only moments in it – and maybe of the entire series – that I actually felt were worth the price of admission were the final ones with Q. (Even if it bordered precariously on being over-sentimental, close to fan-fiction.)
This was bad. Really bad. Good, or even marginally great individual moments here and there. But the sum total?
Get the fuck off my bridge.
- Well, here we go.
- Yes, we saw the recap where the Queen said the prophecy, too, Jean Luc. Like, 10 seconds ago.
- Oh geez, we couldn’t resist doing a “‘Voyage Home’ step into the transporter beam at the last minute” trick, huh?
- You don’t think they got the idea for a Gary Seven crossover because of the… rocket launch… unngh.
- “We can’t control who we lose”? I mean sometimes, sure, but we’ve had whole episodes about how it’s a Captain’s job to sometimes end people to their deaths. That’s just “feel good” gobbledygook.
- Adam’s blurting out his attack plan to the computer as if he’s on a 24rd century starship. 😆
- BUT IT’S A RECORDING. 🤣 Hard mustache-twirling action!
- So Soong’s going to go so far as to make a fake recording KNOWING they’ll show up at his place, yet the actual hardware he’s using to carry out the attack is still there…?
- Oh wow, they’re actually calling that out. But… it’s still there. Unless it’s a last minute “best I could do” scenario.
- Christ, Adam is so punchable.
- So how did Raffi become the computer expert and not the ex-drone? Also, no weapons? Couldn’t have destroyed the drones?
- Guessing “Renee” is a hologram. Chekhov’s Ears from the other ep? :P
- Soong gave her a stink-palm.
- Rios just flying fuckin’ drones around. Wee.
- CALLED IT. 🙄
- Glad that neurotoxin works the same on Romulans as it does on humans.
- Well, that was wrapped up quick. Plenty of time for speeches though.
- I guess that means we just have Q and the Soong kid’s plot to wrap up in the next… 20 minutes? Ish?
- OH NO A REST API
- Support your local libraries.
- 100% FILE DELETION CONFIRMED. If only
rm -rfreported it like that.
- PROJECT KHAN. This show is as subtle as a sledgehammer. (June 7, 1996, for those playing at home.)
- 460 Lowry Ave, Los Angeles, CA.
- Oh, fuck off, Wil.
- oh god this is so awful
- so so so awful
- Yeah, this is going right in the canon trash bin.
- “How does money work” – can we stop this nonsense trope about Trek not understanding money?
- “I am dying alone. I do not want that for you.” – god, that’s just right on the border of being too schmaltzy. But it still stirs emotion in me. 😭
- So Q fucked up the universe so Jean Luc could allow himself to get laid.
- “Even gods have favorites, and you’ve always been one of mine.”
- “What about Elnor?” “Who?” HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
- Oh, fuck off Raffi.
- CALLED IT. And there goes all the hopes for a Rios/Stargazer spin-off. I’m fine with that. Fuck this universe. Let him be happy.
- So Q’s dying and he doesn’t have his powers, except he does? Or was a lot of this an act? I really can’t tell.
- I’ll admit, everything with Q here is beautiful if a bit fan-fictiony.
- So hold up; what was the point of Q trying to pull Renee off course? Getting Adam to run him over? Doing anything with Adam?
- And Picard and crew needing to be sent back 2401 is what ultimately kills the already-dying Q? If he didn’t time travel to fix the problem, would Q have some more time left? Etc, etc. Whatever, I don’t care.
- WHOA, AGNES IS THE BORG QUE-- of course it was, no shit. :P
- Oh, so Rios is gone and I guess Jurati? So they literally went on a side quest in-between the seconds…or…?
- “Must it always have galactic import?” – apparently.
- Aaaaand there’s our Captain Seven. A low-level fan theory pops up to the top.
- Goddamned Q indeed. 😡
- Guinan posting spoilers…
- So the “good” Trek universe is more or less a timeline violation from multiple angles.
- I will never get over how we’re supposed to actually believe in a relationship between Picard and Laris.
- I wonder who we’ll kill off in Season 3? The entire TNG cast, maybe?
- The DVDs of this show really need to be buried in the desert and forgotten.